Four Held In Attack on Mentally Disabled Man Shown in Video

Print More

Four people are in custody for their alleged involvement in the attack of a mentally disabled man broadcast on Facebook Live that included obscenities about Donald Trump, the Chicago Tribune reports. The 18-year-old man was found wandering in shorts Tuesday evening. Police believe the man may have been attacked at a home about a block east from where officers found him. The man was driven by his parents to a McDonald’s on Saturday, and was reported missing Monday.

Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said last night of the video, “It’s sickening. It makes you wonder what would make individuals treat somebody like that. I’ve been a cop for 28 years and I’ve seen things that you shouldn’t see. It still amazes me how you still see things that you just shouldn’t.” He said hate crime charges were possible. The video depicts a woman and other people cutting the shirt off a white man with his mouth taped shut, cutting the man’s hair off with a knife and pushing the man’s head with a foot, and while using profanity against Trump and “white people.” By last night, the original posting of the video had been taken down, but it had been reposted on YouTube, Facebook and other sites.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

X

You have Free articles left this month.

Want access to all our reporting? Subscribe for unlimited access or login.

SUBSCRIBE LOGIN