Oxycodone Overdose Caused Death Of Woman In Busch Executive’s Home


In another case of a celebrity-related prescription drug overdose death, the St. Louis County medical examiner said the death of Adrienne Martin, 27, who was found lifeless in December in the bedroom of former Anheuser-Busch chief executive August Busch IV, was caused by an accidental oxycodone overdose, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.

The case has drawn worldwide attention; police in the St. Louis suburb of Frontenac, where the death occurred, had 70 media inquiries just this week. It remains unclear where Martin got the drugs. J. Steven Beckett, a law professor at the University of Illinois, said the finding of an accidental overdose likely means the matter will end there. “The case is intriguing, but unless there is some forensic evidence indicating something was altered or destroyed, it will be hard to prosecute anyone,” Beckett said. “Investigators would’ve had to do stuff like look in drain pipes to see if anything was flushed or discarded.”


Comments are closed.