http://www.post-gazette.com/localnews/20030919quecreek0919p1.asp No criminal charges will be filed in last year's Quecreek Mine accident, which trapped nine coal miners underground for 78 hours, Pennsylvania Attorney General Mike Fisher and U.S. Attorney Mary Beth Buchanan said Thursday. A yearlong investigation by a state grand jury found insufficient evidence that anyone involved in the permitting or operation of the mine had acted recklessly or that they had knowingly or willfully violated safety standards, reports the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Fisher said the accident . . .
Want to read more? Please subscribe to The Crime Report!