Ex-Dallas Patrolmen’s Union Head Indicted

Print More


ning News

The former president of the 700-member Dallas Police Patrolman’s Union was indicted yesterday by a federal grand jury on charges of mail fraud and lying to the FBI, says the Dallas Morning News. Sgt. Rick Wilson, 43, a 20-year police veteran, is accused of misusing a union credit card to divert the group’s dues for personal use.

The Dallas Police Patrolman’s Union, which was the second largest in the 3,000-member department, had been affiliated with the International Union of Police Associations, AFL-CIO. The group left the AFL-CIO and joined the national Fraternal Order of Police about two months after members went to the FBI.

The indictment touches on fund-raising activities by the union and a telemarketing company.

The company’s contract, according to the indictment, allowed it to keep 80 percent of the funds it raised, with the other 20 percent going to the union. More than 200 residents’ complaints were received by the Police Department and other officer associations in connection with the fund raising. The indictment alleges that Sgt. Wilson lied to the FBI when he told agents that only six complaints had been received and that they were resolved, “knowing that these statements and representations were false when made.”

Link: http://www.dallasnews.com/localnews/stories/060503dnmetwilson.27b16.html

Comments are closed.


You have Free articles left this month.

Want access to all our reporting? Subscribe for unlimited access or login.