L.A. Nabs Suspect In 3-Year Probe Of $10 Million In Burglaries


Los Angeles police have arrested a suspected leader of a small but sophisticated crew of burglars who allegedly broke into the homes of executives, celebrities, and sports stars, stealing millions of dollars worth of cash and property, reports the Los Angeles Times. The “Hillside Burglars” are suspected of committing more than 150 break-ins over the last several years, targeting some of the wealthiest neighborhoods, and taking items worth more than $10 million.

Troy Corsby Thomas, 45, who law enforcement sources alleged was one of two leaders of the gang, was taken into custody Saturday after a three-year investigation by a special police task force. Law enforcement sources said police got a break when they found some stolen safes that had been dumped in a canyon. They also recovered DNA evidence at the scene of a burglary, which led to members of the crew. “These are very smart criminals. That’s why it took us so long to catch them,” said one police source.

Link: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-hillside-burglars21-2009jan21,0,4530132.story

Comments are closed.