Television stations will be allowed to broadcast the murder trial of a man accused of killing four people in an escape last year from a downtown Atlanta courthouse, a judge ruled today, says the Associated Press. Defense attorneys had argued that the cameras would interfere with Brian Nichols’ right to a fair trial. They said some witnesses were reluctant to testify because of the media coverage.
Superior Court Judge Hilton Fuller said video and still cameras and recording equipment will be allowed in the trial, scheduled for Jan. 11. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.